About Us & About Mimos
We at Mimos Pillow Canada are so excited to be able to bring our products directly to Canadian families. As parents ourselves who have used the Mimos Pillow for baby flat head, we know how excellent it is in preventing and correcting plagiocephaly in infants. Mimos Pillow has been classified as a Class 1 Medical Device by Health Canada and has been tested and recommended by pediatric doctors neurosurgeons in Europe, and specialists in Canada, US and Australia.
At Mimos Pillow Canada, we hope to assist in your parenting journey.
About the Mimos Pillow:
In 2007 Electronic Engineer David Verde and his wife, Molecular Biologist Yin Chen Law of Spain, noticed their 3 month old baby had an abnormal head shape. When their son was 5 months old their baby's flat head worsened. They eventually went through the agonizing & very expensive process of getting their son an orthopaedic helmet. The initial casting of the helmet was very upsetting for their son and after two months of treatment their son had dermatitis, redness and broken skin. There had to be a better way. It was at that moment that the idea for the Mimos Pillow for baby flat head was born!
Now a Class 1 Medical Device in Canada, our mission at Mimos Pillow Canada is to lower the astounding 47% of babies that develop cranial deformities (flat-head syndrome). The Mimos Pillow is the only medical baby pillow recommended by health professionals around the world. The Mimos Pillow has undergone clinical trials for effectiveness and is international laboratory tested for breathability (TUV).
The Mimos baby flat head Pillow both prevents and corrects positional skull deformities and we recommend all babies use one from the newborn stage on to help avoid flat spots altogether. Babies often need to pair the use of the Mimos Pillow with treatment from health professionals to fix any underlying issues such as torticollis and we work with many paediatric osteopaths, physiotherapists and chiropractors who refer their patients to use a Mimos Pillow.
The Mimos Pillow is recommended by paediatricians and neurosurgeons plus many other healthcare professionals and is available in 25 countries around the world.
Why use the Mimos baby pillow?
- Medical Device Class 1 pillow. CE Certification
- Anti-Pressure Baby Pillow. Provides up to 400% less pressure, protecting baby's soft head from flattening on the back or side of the head.
- Soft and Comfortable. Mimos baby pillow is made of 100% soft and flexible 3D spacer polyester.
- Dry and Cooling. Mimos Pillow provides a dry sleeping environment without the accumulation of moisture and heat.
- Anti-Allergen with Optimum Hygiene. The Mimos 3D baby pillow are anti-allergic, antistatic, devoid of 100 harmful substances and resistant to mites and fungi.
- Oekotex 100 Class I Certified safe for direct baby skin contact. The Mimos Pillow is made of 100% Oekotex certified spacer fabric.
- Easy Care. The pillow can be cleaned effortlessly and dries quickly.
- Compact Size. Easily portable for use during sleep, play time & stroller rides.
- No Active Reposition Needed. The baby can freely sleep and move in the pillow without need to reposition the direction of the head.
- MIMOS PILLOW is a tridimensional polyester pillow recommended by doctors, neurosurgeons and physiotherapists in Europe to reduce the pressure under the head.
- The Mimos Pillow allows the head to grow normally and round out to its natural shape. It is very effective when used before 6 months of age. It is recommended to use the pillow for prevention from the very first day of life.
- Made in Spain, made with care.